Become a Member
Members are our life blood
The Committee of the Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater greatly values your membership, as without your commitment and contribution we could not continue the essential work that our members and volunteers do to improve habitat for the Helmeted Honeyeater and wildlife generally. Thank you for your wonderful support and continued commitment to efforts to rescue the critically endangered Helmeted Honeyeater from the brink of extinction.
We aim to keep our membership affordable for everyone at:
- $10 for concession holders/students
- $15 for individuals, and
- $30 for families.
Get involved in shaping the future of the Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater. By becoming a member you can contribute to our direction, get involved in our activities and you can even stand for positions on the committee.
“Birds are recognised as an indicator of the health
of the environment so as a Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater member
you help the environment as a whole.”
Join or Renew Online
Are you a new member, or renewing your membership? You may pay online, but please complete our Membership Form to ensure we can add your full contact details to our membership database. Thank you.
Join or Renew by Mail
Download our Membership and Donation Form, complete the form and return it to us by mail.
Give a gift membership and introduce your friends or family to the world of threatened species conservation.
Download our Membership and Donation Form and remember to tell us who you are too, so we can acknowledge your gift.
Benefits of membership
As a financial member you will receive our quality quarterly newsletter HeHo Herald and get up to date information of the captive and wild Helmeted Honeyeater populations.
Members are given the opportunity to:
- See Helmeted Honeyeaters in the wild
- Experience unique forest habitat and mix with like minded people
- Hear expert speakers on natural history subjects
- Learn new skills from workshops and from working alongside experienced staff and volunteers
- Receive the community group discount for selected workshops run by environmental organisations
- Sleep peacefully at night knowing you are helping to reverse the decline of the Helmeted Honeyeater and the threatened habitat it calls home.
Members can further their involvement with Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater by volunteering, coming to an event, shopping, donating or making a bequest. The choices are many. Whatever the choice, the contribution is significant and valued.